Friday, July 24, 2009

Cookie Monster Cupcakes






So there I was. Sitting at a computer logging the patients I had seen that morning (lots of back pain, some well children). I had just finished with a patient and decided to check my email. Jordan sent me a picture of a cupcake that looked like cookie monster from sesame street. "you should make these!" he wrote. I received a similar email from Allie a month. I thought about how much more fun baking would be instead of a slow clinic. And not five minutes later my attending sent me home! It was a sign - I was meant to make those cookie monsters.

Besides, C is for cookie is good enough for .... Carly!

I made these in a haste since my shelf is next week so they don't look as polished as I would like. They are very easy to make :)





Cookie Monster Cuppies
  • Any cupcake recipe. I used chocolate chip.
  • Blue sprinkles (I used Wilton pearlized sprinkles because they are sparkly)
  • Chocolate-covered malt balls
  • Black writing gel icing
  • Small cookies (I used vanilla wafers)
  • Frosting of your choice
  • Blue food coloring (optional)

  1. Use an offset spatula or knife to cover cupcake with a layer of frosting. If I make these again, I would consider coloring the frosting blue so that cookie monster looks more uniformly blue.
  2. Pour your sprinkles into a bowl. Dip and roll your cupcake into the sprinkles so that the frosting is completely covered by sprinkles.
  3. Take a knife and cut a slit into the cupcake where you would like the mouth would be. Make it wide enough so that the cookie will fit inside.
  4. Break the cookie in half. I used the black gel writer to make my vanilla wafers look like a chocolate chip cookie.
  5. Place the cookie in the slit you created. It might take another attempt with the knife to get the cookie to stay!
  6. Take a knife and carefully cut the malt ball into halves. Use the black gel to make pupils.
  7. Place the malt ball halves on the top or eyes. Make them in different directions do that he looks a little crazy or silly.
  8. Repeat as many times as you like so that you have an entire army of Cookie Monsters

And there you have it. I then took my monsters and took them on a little photo shoot in my backyard.





2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to mention, I liked this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!
    Here is my web-site :: Cupcake Recipes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis