Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boo!


Yup, more Halloween cuppies! I had that cupcake party over the weekend, so I have a lot of blog posts to squeeze out of it :)

The party was a good opportunity to play with fondant. I had always been hesitant to use it. I have never really liked the taste of fondant and the thought of eating cake decorations made of dense fondant isn't really all that appealing. However, fondant is smooth and white, perfect for ghosts!

To make fondant ghosts:

All you really need to do is buy some ready-made fondant. I used Wilton... it even didn't taste as bad as I thought it would! Sprinkle some powdered sugar on to your clean decorating surface and onto a rolling pin. Roll a piece of fondant to about 1/8 of an inch thick, but don't stress the details. Cut a small square out of it (about 2''x2'' works well). Mold the fondant around your thumb, with the center part of the square on the tip of your thumb, until you get a ghostly shape. Yay! Cute little boos. My roommates and I used an edible pen to make the faces, but you can always use a little bit of frosting or melted chocolate.

To make a spooky grave:

I cannot take credit for this creation. It was all Sara! She used some Oreo cookies smashed up to make the top of the grave ("dirt"). She outlined the grave with frosting and made the tombstone out of fondant and edible marker. If you don't want to go out and buy some fondant, you can just use a small cookie (like a vanilla wafer or Milano cookie) or even a Graham cracker to make a grave and use frosting to write "RIP" on it.


Halloween is this weekend! By then the Halloween posts will end, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis