Friday, October 2, 2009

Lion King Cupcakes



These lil' lions came from from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Book (which might be my favorite book!). I changed them a little bit to make them look more like lions by using black icing gel to make the nose and mouth. I think that they look more like lions if you arrange the toasted coconut in a triangle instead of a perfect circle.

So what do you need to make these cuties?

1. Toasted coconut - Simply preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread coconut on a cookie sheet in a thin layer. Keep it in the oven for about ten minutes, or until they start turning brown. That's it!

2. Black licorice for whiskers. You could just use icing

3. White gum drops cut in half for the cheeks

4. For the frosting color, I had a crazy mix of yellow, orange and red. Don't ask me how I decided on those colors.

That's pretty much it! Apply the coconut first, followed by the gum drops, and then the eyes and mouth, and finish with the whiskers.

And then let out a big roar :)





4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I'm making them for a friend's bday tomorrow, so perfect because she loves The Lion King and it comes out in 3D tomorrow too! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last week for a friend and they turned out awesome!!! Thanks for the brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy would you mind letting me know which
    webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a fair price? Kudos, I appreciate it!
    Also visit my homepage :: Nagelmodellage

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis