Monday, October 26, 2009

Mummies! (But no daddies)



I know, I know. Mummy cupcakes for Halloween are overdone. But I have never made them before, so I had to give it a try.

They were a big hit at my Halloween cupcake party that I had over the weekend. I just used some red hots for eyes (with a dab of chocolate or dark colored frosting for a pupil) and then wrapped them up in vanilla buttercream. I used a flat tip in order to make the mummy. I tried to use a zip-lock bag with a corner cut off, but the icing came out round instead of flat.



To make the mummies, just "wrap" it with icing. I liked to cover the top and bottom of the eyes so they look like they peer out. Then just keep icing it in a random fashion so they look nice and ghoulish.



Or do they just look sort of cute? Especially the ones with mouths....

1 comment:

  1. A cupcake party sounds like fun! Did other people bring cupcakes, too? (These are very cute!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis