Sunday, November 22, 2009

a rose by any other name




I just wanted to share some icing roses that I made. It took me a while to make them actually look like roses and not like a pathetic blob. I'm not good enough to make a tutorial, but you can see some nice directions by Wilton here. I'm left handed, and I actually needed someone to show me how to do it as a lefty, since watching videos of right handed people making them wasn't all that helpful to me. The secret is to use very stiff icing. You can use the vanilla buttercream recipe that I shared with you (it's the second recipe on that post), but once you're done keep on adding confectioners sugar until you can stick a spatula in it and the spatula will stay standing up. If you're icing is creamy and smooth, you'll get a wilting rose!


2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I couldn't do that good if I used my right hand AND my left hand!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis