Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chai Tea Spice Cupcakes




Are you still looking for a good cupcake recipe for the holidays?  You already made some gingerbread cookies, and peppermint, let's face it, isn't really that yummy. I made these Martha Stewart Chai Tea Spice cupcakes with condensed milk glaze about a month ago.  They are soooo good!  I would recommend buying some nice black tea with which to make these cupcakes.  Look for a store where you can buy it loose-leaf as you don't really need all that much.  It has a delicate spice that is balanced with the sweetness of the condensed milk.




I didn't alter the recipe at all, so I won't repost it.  It's found in Martha Stewart's cupcake compendium.  This recipe does require quite a few different spices.  I'm a compulsive buyer when it comes to baking goods.  However, the spices are pretty common for apple cider and the like, so you might just have some cloves and nutmeg hanging around the house.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!



As evident form the above picture, I had some fall/Thanksgiving cupcake liners left over :)





I also like how the glaze looks when it just drips over the edge.  I used the method of dipping the tops of the cupcakes into the glaze and then quickly turning them over.  And of course, I topped them with the dragees that I have.  No matter how frequently I use them, I always have some left in my sprinkle drawer!


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis