Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Second Cake




Ok, I know it's not a cupcake, and I do love cupcakes, but I took a cake decorating class and I wanted to share my final product with you. It's the second cake that I have ever made. The worst part was smoothing out the frosting on the top and sides and then when my sweater got stuck around my neck when I tried to take it off. It was pretty terrible.

The cake ended up being pretty delicious and it was a big hit even though I served it at morning report at 8am. The inside had a saffron and rosewater cream filling.


I made the roses first and then placed them on the cake.

Hopefully I'll get to take more cake decorating classes. Unfortunately my surgery rotation starts in January, so it might be a while before I am baking any full size cakes. So until then... cuppies rule!


Sweet Peas around the bottom :)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis