Saturday, January 23, 2010

Disney Pixar Cars Cupcakes




I had the pleasure of making cupcakes for my attending's son's third birthday today.  Carlos really likes Lightning McQueen from the Disney movie "Cars" so I decided to use that as a theme for the cupcakes.  I found some Cars cupcake liners at a party supply store (some similar ones are here) as well as some hard sugar decorations from the movie (available online here



Here are what the edible frosting decorations look like:







I decided to go once again for my vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting.  They are so easy to make and they were a big success last week.  Here's a tip for those of you that like to use character cupcake liners: double up on the liners.  Wilton's cupcake liners are typically not grease proof, which means that once you bake them they will lose their brightness and become more translucent.  




I didn't have enough of the hard sugar decorations to cover all of the cupcakes, so I used some large star sprinkles in the same color theme.  




The frosting is done with a Wilton Decorating Tip 2D.




I used some plastic cupcake containers that I purchased from a local bakery and decorated them with cupcake ribbon.  


In their proper place





Happy birthday, Carlos! 

4 comments:

  1. These look very professional. I'm sure Carlos was very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a great birthday gift for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job! I know he loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlos was thrilled!
    - Carlos' Daddy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis