Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chocolate Heart Cupcakes



I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but it's a great opportunity to make cute cupcakes.  These cupcakes are super easy to make!  Just take your favorite cupcake recipe, a heart chocolate mold, chocolate melting wafers, and edible glitter.  I found all of those materials at Michael's.  I happened to have red chocolate melts, so I used that.  I liked the use of white edible glitter on top of the white buttercream frosting.



To make the chocolate hearts, just melt the chocolate wafers inside of an open zip lock bag.  Melt the chocolate in 60 second intervals.  Once it's all melted, cut off the corner of the back and full each mold with chocolate.  Allow the chocolate to harden.  If you are in a real hurry, you can put the chocolate mold into the freezer.



Place a chocolate heart on the center of each cupcake.  Sprinkle the frosting with edible glitter.  Ta da! A simple, yet pretty, tasty treat!

1 comment:

  1. Another easy project. Love the things I can actually do! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis