Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dress me up, cupcake

IMG_5200

I compulsively buy cupcake liners.  I have an entire box of them in my kitchen.  You never know when you are going to need a purple polka-dot liner, or Wall-E, and Halloween will definitely be here before you know it.  I bought some beautiful folded cupcake liners a few months ago.  They are sort of expensive (you can purchase some online here) but I like how they add elegance to the cupcake without any additional work.

IMG_5195

Icing the cupcakes was more of a challenge than it usually is, but still doable! :)  

IMG_5203


I'm making the cupcakes for a wedding of two people from camp in about a month, and I wanted to show them all the amazing things that one can do with cupcakes.  I think hundreds of cupcakes in the pleated baking cups would be overwhelming.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I bet you could make a really pretty design using folded liners and some non-folded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out the liners from www.suttongourmetpaper.com if you love liners. They bake up so pretty and are so much cheaper than these liners. They stay nice in tubs, too, so you can save them for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace - great idea! I'll experiment next time I use those liners

    nhnoblitt - thanks for the tip! :) it seems so unfair that something made out of paper should be so expensive, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis