Monday, July 5, 2010

Let me see your grills

IMG_5179

It seems like it has been ages since I have last updated.  I live in a very charming house that was build sometime in the early 20th century, which means that there is no central air.  The heat is on here in Michigan.  And you know how the saying goes... if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen (in this case, literally).

IMG_5176

I can't take credit for coming up with the idea for these cuppies on my own.  I saw them on the Disney family website (they have a great video on how to make them here).   You can get really creative with what you put on the grill by molding different candies to put on the grill.  I used some red and orange colored sugar to make it look like there was a fire under the grill.  I used a Wilton 3 tip to make the lines of the frosting. 

IMG_5178

The hot dogs are hot tamales that have little grill lines on them with an edible marker.  The hamburgers (veggie burgers?) are mini-tootsie rolls with starburst cheese on top.

IMG_5175

The fourth of July might be over, but there are still plenty of grilling opportunities left!

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea :) I especially like the tiny cheese patties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god these are the cutest things i've ever seen ! great idea <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis