These are grasshopper cupcakes. No, they don't have grasshoppers in them (um, gross). They are a combination of mint and chocolate. These cuppies have a cream cheese base with some condensed milk sweetness mixed in to make them extra rich.
Grasshopper Cupcakes - Makes approximately one dozen cupcakes - Adapted from Brooke McLay
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 T flour
- 17 chocolate sandwich cookies (ie: Oreos)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners and place a cookie at the bottom of each liner.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, egg, peppermint, vanilla, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- If you want your cuppies to be green, add in some green food coloring (I did not do this).
- Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Divide the batter among the paper liners. These cupcakes will not rise all that much.
- Take the remaining 5 cookies and crush them into large pieces in a plastic bag. Sprinkle the cookie pieces among the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan. Transfer to a wire rack and allow the cupcakes to cool compelteley.
These cupcakes are so sweet that they don't need frosting. But do you know what they do need? Pokemon picks.