Monday, September 27, 2010

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

IMG_5349

I have been dying to use my kitchen torch since making the Baked Alaska cupcakes over the summer with Allie.     I decided to give it a go with Martha Stewart's lemon meringue cupcake recipe.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to make lemon curd from scratch, so I used some from the grocery store.

IMG_5339
Before browning with the torch

I made them bite sized (bake for about 13-16 minutes in a mini-cupcake pan) for a fondue party that I attended.  Instead of coring out a portion of the cupcake and filling it with the lemon curd, I just spread it over the top with an offset spatula and put the meringue on top.  If you don't own a kitchen torch, you can place the cupcakes on the top rack with the oven on broil.  It will only take seconds for the meringue to brown so be sure to watch them carefully.

IMG_5352

The duck cupcake liners are from Wilton and you can purchase them from their website here.

IMG_5348

The lemon curd really stole the show, and that was the only part of the cupcake that I didn't make!  Oh well, at least they were still enjoyed :)

IMG_5354

2 comments:

  1. Look soooo good! Pie Makes me happy, these make me even happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meringue frosting looks great! Wish I had a kitchen torch :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis