Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes, Round One - success!

bride and groom with cupcake

I did it.  I successfully made 300 cupcakes for a wedding.

I only had one sleepless night of worrying.  No cupcake all-nighter was necessary, however.


You can check out my post on how to bake wedding cupcakes at home and these pictures from the wedding :)


me and cupcakes

That's me next to the cupcakes.  The bride made the cupcake tower (pretty amazing, huh?).


cupcakes on dog cake dish

Not all of the cupcakes fit on the stand, so some were on these cake dishes with dogs on them.  Half of the hearts had luster dust on them to make them shiny.  The invitation had pink and orange hearts with teal writing, which is where the idea for the hearts and the colors came from.

my cupcake sign!!

I had my very own cupcake sign to help people find the cupcakes!!  I sort of want to put it outside of my house.

set up by color

I took dozens of pictures of my cupcakes.  I bet that people who didn't know that I made them thought that it was weird.

looking longingly at cupcake

You have to love Nick's face in the background.



reaching for a cupcake

Despite all of my worries that the cupcakes wouldn't taste good, that the fondant hearts would melt, and that my oven would explode, the cupcakes were a huge hit.  I was so happy to be such an important part of my friends' special day :)

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if putting it outside your house is a good idea because it would probably get stolen... by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious and beautiful! Congratulations to your friend and to you for successfully baking that many cuppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, congrats! DEFINITELY put that cupcake sign outside your house, there's just no two ways about it. Thank goodness your oven didn't explode, sounds like a good day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having gone through this myself, I know what a huge deal this is. Congrats on your accomplishment!! They look amazing!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis