If you're still looking for the perfect gift for mom this Sunday, consider making something sweet... like a bouquet of flower cupcakes!
Don't panic! Although these cupcakes appear intricate, they are actually quite easy (although admittedly time consuming) to make. The idea comes from Hello, Cupcake! and basically involves miniature marshmallow and different colored decorating sugars.
How to make marshmallow flowers:
- Frost cupcakes with a thin layer of frosting.
- Fill shallow bowls with different colors of decorating sugars.
- Using food-safe scissors, cut mini marshmallows in half along the diagonal part of the marshmallow.
- Press sticky part of each of the cut halves of the marshmallows into colored sugar - these will become the petals of the flower.
- Starting on the outside of the cupcake, arrange marshmallow petals along the outside of the cupcake in a ring. Continue adding rings of petals until you fill the surface area of the cupcake
- Place jimmy sprinkles or another type of candy in the center for a stamen.
These cupcakes would look great in a wicker basket or simply on a plate. Even though you might never want to see another marshmallow after making these cuppies, it will all be worth it when the special recipient of these treats responds with ooh's and aah's!